How to Make a Dumpling Doll
- a few yards of fabric
- several centimeters of thread
- some skeins of yarn
- a generous amount of wool (for stuffing)
- beeswax crayon (for final decor)
Important Note: Make sure you set aside a generous amount of time to make your doll. Your doll will require copious amounts of time, love and chocolate feedings (for yourself that is) in between.
1. Preheat the hands to temperature by stretching the fingers and rubbing the hands together vigorously to warm them up for lots of work.
2. Make sure you have a clean, spacious table top available for rolling out the fabric.
3. Draw, cut, embroider and sew the doll with thread.
4. Fluff and split the wool stuffing. Gently but firmly stuff your doll from head to toe.
5. Warm up those knitting needles and crochet hooks. Then, crochet and knit away with some beautiful yarn to your hearts content.
6. Add a dash of color to your doll with beeswax crayon.
7. Wash, block and dry your doll's clothes. Dress your doll.
8. And voila!!!..a sweet little dumpling in your hands for savoring.
Oh so wonderful is the gratification of turning something from lifelessness to liveliness using your own two hands. If you like DIY and making things by hand, you know this feeling.